Further advice on insulating shed required please

Thanks to all the wonderful people that replied to my previous thread o

Insulating a shed , Could someone please tell me ,is it better to put the insulation boar inside the wall recesses or better to cover the shed wall bearers thus covering the original shed in its entirety . In fact is there anywhere I can obtai instructions on this project . Finally ,what thickness board would you recommend and, am I right i thinking the insulation will assist in soundproofing the shed.

Thanks flumaxe

-- flumaxed

Reply to
flumaxed

You could do either. Insulation would be slightly better if you go over the top of the framing rather than between, but if you don't have the underside of the floor insulated, that will be a far bigger contributor to heat loss.

You could use Rockwool, Celotex or Styrofoam. 50mm will give a good result in terms of heat insulation. It won't make a huge difference to sound insulation, though.

Reply to
Andy Hall