Grohe Adagio filling valve

Hi

I've just installed a Grohe Adagio concealed WC cistern. I'm having problem with the filling valve. Does anybody have any experience with these?

Basically the valve doesn't close off when the cistern is full. I've lowered the polystyrene ring on the valve right to the bottom of the tube (equivalent to the ball on the lever of a normal cistern) but there still isn't enough force on the lever arm to close off the valve when the tank is full. I can nudge it shut with my finger but the water just won't do it. Any ideas?

Thanks Pete

Reply to
peter.llewellyn

Hi Pete, I too have a similar problem, it seems with the lid on and pushed fully home the valve is unable to shut properly. This may be caused by an uneven wall wall distorting the cistern. Have you resolved your problem? Mine also makes a groaning sound whilst refilling! I am considering ripping the whole thing out before I tile the boxing. Regards, Aaron.

snipped-for-privacy@arup.com wrote:

Reply to
crippsy