Furniture quality timber supplies - North West London

I have a couple of projects I want to do where I would like to use real wood rather than the conti board or MDF available at most DIY superstores. The timber yards I have used tend to be geared towards the builder/constructor rather than the furniture maker.

I must admit I am new to using real wood I have not decided what I want so some where that can offer advice would be very welcome.

I am based in the Harrow area but prepared to drive within reason for the right place.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Eric

Reply to
Eric the Red

CFAnderson in Tottenham?

stuart noble

Your best bet might be to look around near to you for a small furniture maker's workshop, and talk to them. They'll probably be able to point you in the right direction, and if they're particularly friendly they may even let you tag onto their orders & deliveries.

I've just found a place down the road who say they'll do that, and are quite happy to have someone to take their over-orders & offcuts off their hands. They have to order the wood to be able to safely complete a particular task, whereas I can look at a useful bit of wood & think "well, that's the size/shape of the board - what can I make with it?".

At the very least I get loads of stuff to practise on.

cheers Richard

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

In message , stuart noble