Fun and games in the workshop

Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

(the usual wiki warnings apply - first draft, not read it yet, and probably full of typos!)

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm totally impressed.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

On 02 Jan 2015, Bill Wright grunted:

+1

AND I've learned a new word: "spelch"!

Reply to
Lobster

Impressive handiwork. But in the top photo looks to me like the white king & queen are swapped - either that or he is wearing a dress!

Reply to
Martin Brown

:oO

Colour me impressed!

Reply to
Huge

Me too!

Perhaps your next version could avoid the overhanging board edge and fold so that SWMBO can tuck it into a suitable bookshelf:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In article , John Rumm writes

A beautiful job John, I particularly like that you have left enough thickness in the deck to allow it to be re-surfaced when it wears :-)

Reply to
fred

I thought it would look better if I slapped the pieces on their for the photo... it was only later I wondered if I had set them out correctly! That kind of answers the question.

Reply to
John Rumm

I try to deliberately make the book shelves narrow enough that SWMBO can't add "clutter" in front of the books... that ought to work for chess boards as well (especially 19" square ones) ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

+1 x 2
Reply to