Fridge freezer socket

Is there any practical motivation to wire a built-in fridge freezer via an unswitched socket switched by an easily accessible FCU vs a standard switched socket. Note that the socket will have to be behind the appliance as the cord comes out of the bottom and is only 1m long.

Reply to
antgel

In a similar situation, I've used an unswitched socket and a 20A DP switch with neon. I saw no point in using an FCU. The DP switch made it easier to wired 'straight through', and in my case I needed the neon indication.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Providing an easily accessible switch for a fridge/freezer might be something you would later regret.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If the whole installation is already on the final ring circuit, then you don't really need to fit an FCU in the circuit at all. The plug fitted to the flex of the fridge-freezer already has a proper fuse in it, doesn't it? And the rest of the circuit should already have protection from the CU safety breaker.

If, on the other hand, you are thinking of taking a spur radial from the final ring circuit, then you should have an FCU, switched or otherwise and properly fused, to protect the radial circuit which you install for the fridge-freezer.

Reply to
BigWallop