Fridge controls

Hi all

The previous owner of my house left this in the garage:

plugged in the pump runs merrily, but it doesn't seem to get cold. After taking off the Pepsi sign I think I've found the temperature control:

idea how this should be set to get the thing blowing cold? I've just sold the thing on eBay for a not inconsiderable sum, if it doesn't get cold I'll have to come clean to the buyer, who is collecting it tomorrow. The previous owner certainly was using it when I viewed the house, so I don't think it's broken.

TIA

CD

Reply to
CD

I assume that the motor is integral with the compressor - and not separate with a belt drive? If it were separate, the belt may have come off, so that the motor runs but the compressor doesn't.

Can those two red pointers on your second picture be moved independently? The one on the right looks as if it it may have to be set to room temperature - and the one on the left to how much cooling you want - i.e. how much the internal temperature should be below room temperature. But this is only a guess - I haven't ever seen one like this!

Reply to
Set Square

tor runs but the compressor doesn't.

I'll try this & report back.

CD

Reply to
CD

The pointer on the left is the differential, the pointer on the right is the cut out temp. These are usually set around 4 for the diff and 2ish foe the cut out temp. but......................

You said the pump (compressor ?) is running so it should start getting cold, but...........

If the compressor, the condenser (top) fan motor and the evaporater (inside) fan motor are all running and it`s still not getting cold it`s probably leaked all its gas. (usually pipe rubbed through in the condensate tray)

Darren.

Reply to
Darren Perrett