Franke Sink - Granite undermount - Space for Cutting Board Accesory

Is there specific instruction/care required to install an undermount Franke sink on granite? I bought all the accesories, and want to do the right research before I agree to the granite cutting design, to account for space for the Teak Cutting Board to be Flush with the granite surface.

This is my first granite countertop - I'm using an installer, but wanted to prework any observations upfront.

This is the teak cutting board

is the sink
is a GIF of the sink and appliances

martce

On ours, our "Granite Man" took the sink and hob templates away with him when he came to measure up.

The top of the units were routered back by a mm or so to allow the top of the sink to sit flush on the top of the unit so when silicone was applied the whole lot sat even.

I presume whetehr the cutting board is flush with the top of the granite or not will depend on the thickness of the granite and/or the chopping board.

Have a word with Franke we found they were very helpful with regards to solving a few problems.

Any Granite installer worth his salt will be able to put you right.

top is thicker than the chopping board in-situ the board will be lower if thinner.... if the same then flush. I can't see there is any choice in the matter.

Pete

Reply to
PeTe33