foul water pumping station

Can anyone advise or share their experience living adjacent to a foul water pumping station that serves about 20 properties.

We are interested in buying a house that is adjacent (18 yards) from a underground fould water pump (buried 8 yards deep) and its associated cavity well. The builder assures me that the cavity well is not a reservoir and effluent into the well is immediately pumped out.

My concern is that when standing within 1 yard of the cavity well closed lid, there is a faint smell coming from it and I am worried that this will be much worse in the summer months.

Am I just being over concerned, or is this close proximity to the house threaten the resale value of the house in the years to come.

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
EPW