Forstner and sawtooth bits?

Anyone know where I can buy a 9mm (not 3/8") Forstner or sawtooth bit in the UK? The usual places like Axminster seem to start at 10 or 12 mm.

TIA

Reply to
Norman Billingham

Know anyone with a lathe?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes - me. I could shave a bit of a 3/8" one and there are other ways of doing the job but I was surprised to find its so easy to get 3/8" and so hard to find 9 mm in these metric days - hence the query.

Reply to
Norman Billingham

Maybe the fact that there is only 0.02" difference between 9 mm and 3/8" is the reason. If you blow in the hole the moisture in your breath will move timber that much.

Reply to
dennis

You can still buy 3/4 and 19mm bits the difference being 0.05mm or 0.002" Now that is what I call close for wood working.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

message

sawtooth bit

...ah, but Norman works to exacting standards !!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks Andrew - nice to sse you back in action!

Reply to
Norman Billingham