Flooring!

I'm looking for some reclaimed floorboards (the room is about 10ft sq) I'm near cambridge so could go to solarpark however I'm not sure I want to pay their prices. Are there any other reclamation yards nearby? Or does anyone have any going spare?

Thanks

David

Reply to
DavidD

Doesn't your council have such yards?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In article , DavidD writes

Check the floorboard size - 100 yr old houses tend to have wider and thicker boards than newer ones.

Reply to
Meldrew of Meldreth

Ah yes, this is a new room so I need a roomful which I will try to get from the same place. The house is 400 years old so the boards are 'interesting' in the other rooms :)

Thanks

DavidD

If you are willing to trave, try Patrick's of Murrow, near Wisbech. Tel:01945 700493 I think. That number is listed in the local thmson directory as one of the numbers belonging to them.They will certainly have what you are looking for.

Reply to
ex WGS Hamm

then its gonig to look a lot better if you get the same type of wood and size.

NT

Reply to
bigcat