Floorboard sanding rexposed some woodworm tunnels

I have been sanding down the old floorboards in my 1899 house. In a few places, the sanding has exposed some woodworm tunnels in the timber. For example, in one room measuring 3m x 4.5m, there are four places where I can see woodworm tunnels exposed in a small group. Should I be woried? Most of the wood seems in excellent condition - and of course, there is no telling how old the tunnels are... The exposed tunnels are not near the ends of the boards. (If they were I'd assume it was the less worrysome wood-boring weavil.)

When converting the attic earlier this year, I didn't find any evidence of woodworm up there.

Thanks..

Frank

Reply to
Frank Watson

If I sanded down the floors to a 1899 house and found no signs of woodworm, then I'd be worried that the boards weren't original, but cheap 1990s replacements.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Christian - Well, that puts it in a more reassuring light! Thanks!

Frank

Reply to
Frank Watson