Fixing Plastic Trim To Wall/Bath

Having now succesfully cut the trim to the required angle and a damn fine job I made of it I need to fix the trim (heavy plastic) to the bath and wall and will follow it up with a seal of silicon . Will silicon be sufficient to stick the trim to the bath/wall or should I use something else .
Presumably it will be advisable to do this with a bath full of water .
Stuart ps-I ordered stuff from Screwfix on 26th and according to the website anything ordered after 2pm on 24th wont be delivered until 31st but my order has been despatched by Parcelfarce 24 so we will see when it arrrives . Screwfix must have been working overtime .
" YESTERDAY is history
TOMORROW is a mystery
TODAY is a gift
That is why it is called the present "
I personally would use Gripfill to fix the trim in place, and use silicon to seal the edges
Phil