fitting toilet with concealed connection

I will soon have to fit a back-to-wall toilet pan where the connection is straight into the floor and completely concealed by the pan surround when pushed back to the wall. What is the trick to get the pan connector onto the spigot and down into the soil pipe connection whilst the thing is getting closer and closer to the wall? Seems it would be a bit tricky to me. Its also got the L shaped brackets that are bolted from the side. Oh what fun ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

"sm_jamieson" wrote

Hi Simon

I think I did exactly this with a Laufen Pro in my downstairs bog! Laid the pan on its side on some old carpet. Fitted the right angle pan connector onto the toilet spigot outlet so I was happy it was properly engaged. Carefully lifted the pan and rotated upright, then lowered the pan to engage the finned section of the pan connector in the floor drain. Obviously you need to get the correct pan connector such that with the pan against the wall, the connector vertical finned section aligns correctly and isn't forced off the pan spigot during the fitting operation IYSWIM. Is the pan actually against a wall, or does it back on to some form of cabinet/boxwork? If the latter, then you may be able to leave a decent hole in the back panel to allow inspection or "feel" to check the position of the pan connector and the seal of the flush pipe (this hole being covered by the rear of the pan). I managed this by making the panelling behind the pan sectional. Removing a centre panel just above the pan allows some limited access for leak checking and overhaul of the cistern.

HTH

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I got a piece of metal strip and cut it so that it formed a collar around the connector, joined at the top with a bolt. From here a second piece went back to the wall. Very quick to make and guarantees that the connector stays in place as you push back or pull forward (for when you need to remove the loo for some reason).

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Now thats a good idea. Fix the connector in place by some means so its like a fixed pipe coming out of a wall. I'll do something like that. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Its actually backing onto a wall of the understairs cupboard. I'll also need to engage a flush pipe through the wall, so I suspect I'll make an small access hole for this, through which I'll just be able to see what is going on. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Could you make use of a boiler flue bracket?

Reply to
John