Fitting a thermostatic bar mixer

I've got a thermostatic bar mixer with shower kit.

I bought a fixing kit for the same.

I have installed it as per instructions with approx 10mm of thread proud of the finished wall surface. This is what the instructions required.

However when I come to fit the mixer bar there are problems. Mixer bar fits on nicely without the chromed conical flanges. However there is no way I can fit it with the chromed covers. It's like the thread projection through the wall should be a lot more, the fixing kit I've got can't be brought forward anymore because the compression joints that receive the incoming pipes are pretty much touching the inside of the face board already.

What do I do next?

mark

Reply to
mark

It does say a *minimum* of 10mm

Something like this?

Andy Burns

That could well be the answer, thank you.

mark

Reply to
mark