Fitting a Back Panel and hearth

Hi all. Well for reasons of economic shortages I have bought B n Q's Wintherstone Back panel and hearth for a new gas fire.

What is the method of installation for this stuff?

Thanks

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Should be included in the box!! I got a similar one of these from Wickes, there were several pages of instructions. Suggest you go back to B&Q and whinge at them; you shouldn't muck about seeing as it's a gas fire you're talking about, as there will be specific do's and don'ts because of that.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Haven't opened the boxes yet...err..nasty weather we're having lately, don't you think?

Thanks for the tip ..lol

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Some of Wickes' gas fitting products are deliberately instructionless, to discourage the unwary. This one may be similar.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hi,

I have also bought this and there are no instructions. I am no installing a new fire though, so not much of a prob, however, doe anyone know if i am able to drill through the wintherstone stuf without it cracking so i can fix the fire back to the wall?

Cheers,

Din

-- dino

Reply to
dino

You need this lightweight stuff you mix with the concrete/cement, its a bit like small balls of polystyrene but I can't remember its name, Jewson sell it, comes in a large paper potato type sack

Reply to
Vass