Fitted Wardrobe for Alcove

Hi all,

I'd like to fit a wardrobe into an alcove in one of our bedrooms. I'v looked around the sheds and the internet but all I can find are slidin door assemblies, and I'm ideally looking for something with swing doors I thought it would be possible to buy full kits for this sort of thing but apparently not.

The alcove is 1200mm (47.5") wide by 2330mm (92") high. We hav something like this already in the main bedroom (though, differen size).

Any suggestions where to look?

If I can't find anything suitable I'll probably think about buildin something from scratch. Would MDF be suitable for this?

Thank

-- shoog

Reply to
shoog

Basically for a wardrobe in an alcove, all you need is a 2"x1" frame surround screwed to the begining of the alcove and two wardrobe doors. How much you want to pay for the doors is left to you?

Screwfix do the wardrobe doors and trimmings...

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I'd use Contiboard. The melamine facing makes it easy to wipe clean but can be painted etc on the outside to match the decor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm sure you'll be into making a bespoke wardrobe here. There are far too many variables for anything suitable/worthwhile to be supplied in kit form.

David

Reply to
Lobster