Fitted carpet

I had a carpet fitted a while back and as they left the fitters informed me that the floor in one corner has dropped. It's a Victorian house with floorboards and one or more of the joists will need raising with a wedge. I can do that, but am a bit worried about unhooking the carpet from the grippers and getting it back in place taut afterwards. Any tips?

Reply to
Jim Scott

One off these perhaps to re stretch?

SJP

against the skirting while stretching with this tool. Hope your knees are in good condition!

Reply to
Roger Mills

In article , Roger Mills writes

Or for a one off, my local hire shop does them for 7quid a day, 3.50 second day.

You may not even need one, a stout pair of well treaded boots (clean, for the use of) and a sand dance will generally walk it into the right areas.

If it's failing to catch on the grippers I've used a wooden block and a mallet to bed the carpet down.

Reply to
fred

Usually works for me. I don't think the tread matters porticularly, as long as the soles are rubbery rather than leather/plastic.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yes, but why do they call it a "carpet fixer" when it's a "knee kicker"?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

'Cos the hoi poloi don't know what a knee kicker is.

Reply to
Guy King

But its not a fixer anyway, it's a stretcher.

Reply to
Rob Morley