Fischer Wet & Fix?

Has anyone used Fischer Wet and Fix?

I'm putting some cupboards up at work tomorrow and I know what to expect, trouble drilling and plugging the walls.

This product is wetted then wrapped around the plug, inserted back into the hole and it sticks in minutes (apparently).

I need to get the job done same day so it's either this or my usual method of drilling all over the place until I find something solid and then screwing planks to the wall first.

Reply to
R D S

I've used them in solid wall when the hole has been too big nd they seem to do what they say on the tin.

They look every bit like a circle of cloth soaked in plaster of Paris.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Did you translate that from the copy-writer's "It consists of a cotton weaved pad impregnated with a special formulated gypsum which bonds naturally into masonry, ceramic, wood and plasterboard walls"?

Reply to
Robin

I've used them in this crumbling Victorian hovel. They seemed to work OK - but I'd still rather have ye olde Rawlplastic.

FWIW when I bought them they were cheaper online from wetnfix.co.uk than from SF etc

Reply to
Robin

Yes I certainly keep a pack in my toolbox for occasional emergency use - they work very well - better than padding out with matchsticks and will cope with 'worse' holes. Shouldn't be regarded as a complete cure-all for totally crumbly walls though; they are only as strong as the substrate.

Mine are 'Wickes' own-brand: don't know how the prices compare but I'll be they're cheaper than Fischer

David

Reply to
Lobster

Cheers.

Previously in the same room I have an area of wall that looks like Swiss cheese from where I tried to put a shelf up.

As it happens I hung 8 wall units and 2 corner units (never again) without too much issue. Not often a job goes as well as this one did.

I might quit DIY while i'm ahead.

Reply to
R D S