P clip, Fischer Cable Clasp or Fischer Twin Clamp ?

Anyone used the Fischer cable fixings?

Fischer Cable Clasp - Screwfix 22528 Long "boom" off a wall plug, cables slip under it.

Fischer Clip-Fix Twin Clamp - Screwfix 26433 Double claw off a wall plug, cables slip under it.

It is for a run of 5 cables. In the past I have chopped the back off a nylon P-Clip to create an open "claw". Fit 2 such "claws" per screw and slip cables in accordingly - quick, cheap. Rigid PVC sheet over the top, plaster in, very easy to non- destructively make changes many years later. I've added a braided nylon cord in one run, screwed in at one end, so I can just rip the cover off if need be.

BS7671 does permit such "innovation", however just wondered if the Fischer are better?

Reply to
js.b1

Well I ordered various types of Fischer cable fixings...

1 - Fischer Cable Clasp - Screwfix 22528

Long "boom" off a wall plug, cables slip under it.

- Does fit within 16mm plaster thickness

- Drill & push peg into wall - can fit by screw n plug

- Good for round cables or flat if *similar* size

Therein is the problem. Commercial rarely use flat twin & earth - mainly round. Domestic version would need a "deep comb" to maintain FTE separation, otherwise a mix of 1.5mm 3C+E & 1.5mm 2C+E just drop to one end losing desired cable spacing. For network & alarm cables in cupboards they should be excellent (although try the fischer harness clamp, even better).

2 - Fischer Clip-Fix Twin Clamp - Screwfix 26433

Double claw off a wall plug, cables slip under it.

- Drill & push peg into wall only

- Good for round or flat cables of *similar* size

Commercial would use it for twin FP200 in false ceiling voids. Domestic use would be fast-fix (drill / push-peg) with capping/ plaster. Usable.

Sticking with my solution.

- Nylon P-clips with rear chopped off to create a "claw"

- Fit 2 either side of a screw into rawlplug

- Fit 2-4 cables in, spacing controlled

- Permits cable-on-edge spacing, better spacing yet high density

Nail clips are no use in my mortar (nor pushed into mini-rawl-plugs, tried that).

Reply to
js.b1