Feeding Long wires through Conduit

Reply to
none

The message from Owain contains these words:

Is that what makes 'em end up looking like this?

Guy King

In wall flexible plastic conduit containing single wire cores (preinstalled) is widely available and used in France.

Why do you think this is a bad wiring practice?

Reply to
dom

Because if the wires are installed with the conduit, instead of being drawn in afterwards, it may not be possible to withdraw and replace the wires, which is one of the main purposes of conduit, and the reason why in Britain you're not supposed to draw wires through more than 2 x 90 degree (or equivalent) bends.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nonsense! Then they are wrong. You can have a string attached to the cable, screw on a length of conduit and pull through so the cable is still inside the conduit end, then another length and then another pull, and so on. easy. You will not harm the cable as you go and you can even smear grease if you like. I have done it in the past. Worked brilliantly

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You put in the necessary removable plate junctions/elbows.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No need to flatter him.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

LOL

Reply to
gort

Well.......... thanks very much for all the answers, we have gone on to Ebay and seen a 30 metre cable fish rod for =A311.00,(I will bodge the last 10 metres with curtain wire) I think this will work, and will save me getting done by the French RSPCA for sending ferrets/Goldfish & mice down a pipe! At least now I have some options. Regards Paul

Reply to
Preciousthings111

Hi

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Tie some line (preferably metal) to a rocket (can you wait until November?), light fuse and retire to safe distance. Hiring a good goalkeeper or wicket-keeper to retrieve rocket might be a little expensive but a sandbox at the end might also work!

Reply to
Steve Smith

A mouse is 2GBP in a petshop and you could of set it free at the end of its job. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I forget now whether the conduit was of ferrous metal but if it *isn't* then you could do a 20 metre push from one end, with a strong magnet attached to the end of the fish wire, then a 20 metre pull from the other end with another fish wire with an opposing pole magnet on the end to grab hold of the first and pull it through.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I would run through plastic conduit complete with cable through the 5" conduit and push and feed through as you go. Easy to push through the rigid conduit.

Then the 5" conduit can be used for other purposes too, like running through water pipes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Or, since this is France he's talking about, sprinkle it was garlic, a little tarragon and some olive oil and eat it.

Reply to
Guy King

That's a good idea, since if the mouse suggested by others got left behind it would wreak havoc with the cable.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Ferret might be a better bet.