Re: pulling string through conduit

Jerry Gilreath wrote:

> >> Achsully, Greenlee makes what you all are talking about. The name escapes >> me, but they come in sizes for 3/4 to 6" conduit. I have a few of the >> more common sizes, but I prefer a plastic bag. The foam mice thingies do >> have a tendency to snag up on a badly glued joint (in PVC). Greenlee also >> sells their own line of vacs and blowers with adapters specially for >> conduit and "flyline". Thinner than kite string, ten time as tough as the >> nylon string. That too, is a product of Greenlee, as well as other >> manufacturers. That's called jet line. Not meaning to butt in, but I use >> the stuff every day. > > It's called the Greenlee "Mighty Mouser" blowgun. See: > > http://198.247.193.8/wwwroot/greenlee/details.cfm?id=2551&upc=32565And the name comes from an earlier method. Before shop vacs became

available, a small rodent and a piece of cheese were used for this purpose. Presumably as long as nobody from PETA is around the same method will still work.

-- > Jack Novak > Buffalo, NY - USA
Reply to
J. Clarke

and if the mouse doesn't come out you can use the other method for getting the string through. that was a CO2 cartridge with a nose cone and the "flyline" was tied to the nose cone. fit into a "gun" of sorts, point into the conduit and "fire in the hole" it would shoot half way across the parking lot when it came out the other side or 30 ft in the air!

Ahh, those were the daze, 4 - 6 inch conduit and 500MCM copper cables... and lots of lubricant. :-)

BRuce

J. Clarke wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

What does PETA care? We don't eat rats. Just almost everything else. (People Eating Tasty Animals.)

The freaks you're thinking of are PeTA; not to be confused. :)

Reply to
Silvan

You might want to rethink that. According to the authors of "Lobscouse and Spotted Dog" "Bakers" (as the Royal Navy used to refer to rats used for culinary purposes in Nelson's day) proved to be quite tasty.

Reply to
J. Clarke