F-Type connectors.

Anyone know of a source of insulated chassis mounting ones? Unless I'm missing something all the types I've come across are non insulated.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've never seen them. I think the best thing to do would be to use three nylon washers. One small one and two big ones. The small one would fit inside the hole you cut in the chassis (to keep the connector centered), and the two big ones mounted either side to keep it all insulated.

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

Why do you want insulated ones?...

I've never seen them used like that in any application!..

Reply to
tony sayer

I want to fit a satellite output on the same (home made) metal plate that my ordinary UHF aerial is on - and was slightly worried about earth loops as there are audio connections on there too and that's the ground I've used - the UHF sockets are isolated. But if you reckon it's ok I'll go ahead with a normal one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

I think you'd be best to try it and see Dave or you could use plastic washers

I've never seen insulated F types, coaxial yes but not F's!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Don't forget that satellite cables generally carry a DC Voltage from the receiver up to the LNB to power it and to control things like the choice of polarisation. But you must know all about that.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

And - in my case - the rotator volts. According to the blurb the STB output for these is short circuit protected, and it could be they are totally isolated from any ground.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd be inclined to cut a "big" square hole in the metal plate, insert a piece of paxolin and mount the 'F' types on that.

Reply to
Huge

My thoughts too after the helpful replies. But I'll make that hole circular as I've not that big a selection of square Q-Max cutters. ;-)

It needn't be big either - I'm only worried about a DC path.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)