Sealer to use on different surfaces?

My flat has one of those PVC (plastic?) front doors set into the (old) wooden
frame. Although it's all pretty secure, there are cracks/gaps which were
probably created when the new door was put in, but never rectified.
Is there any widely-available sealant I can use to cover these up - i.e.
something that will adhere well to PVC/wood/paint?
Cheers ... Mark
Reply to
In article ,
Silicone is the common one which will adhere to virtually anything but of course won't take paint. So unless you can find a suitable self coloured one - it comes in clear, white, black, brown - you'd best use a polyurethane sealer.
Here's a reasonably priced source if you can't find it locally - but check for postage costs before buying.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
Try acryclic frame sealer. It takes paint, which silicone doesn't.
Not as rubbery as silicone, so make sure frame is well fixed in place first.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Site Timeline Threads

  • Soooooo since no one is mentioning building something I'll mention the POS I...
  • site's last updated in


HomeOwnersHub website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.