F Gas regulation for Aircon...

Got a circular in today from the company that originally installed our Aircon system.

Apparently EU reg 842/2006 now means that we're supposed to have regular leak testing and a record kept because of the fluorinated gas therein.

Anyone else heard of this?........

Reply to
tony sayer

Sounds like they are touting for business...

Reply to
Mike Harrison

r.bartlett

I don't recall any such statement in my reading of the UK version of this. About all it did was make it illegal for you to check for leaks unless you have the relevant C&G yourself, and although you can install aircon without any qualifications (providing you don't check for leaks;-), you can't uninstall it without the C&G cert. No trade body or company memberships involved in this one -- purely down to the individual having the relevant C&G certificate.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel