Everest are taking the p@@ss...

Front door was bought from Everest quite a few years back by previous owner of our house. It is an aluminium double-glazed door.

The lock mechanism has started to play up over the last few days (I was locked outside this morning, but after 5 minutes eventually managed to open it again...).

I called them to ask about a replacement mechanism - £165 supplied and fitted (£95 supplied only)! - forgot to ask if VAT was included...

Any idea if it can be bought elsewhere? I hate these guys - they flood the whole neighbourhood with their stupid junk mail, and feel they have the right to know on doors in the evening several times a year.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Could it still be under guarantee?

Find a local independant locksmith if you want it fitted. Also look at screwfix and online locksmiths if you want supply only. There are various different types when it comes to the locking mechanism.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Why ignore the local locksmith for supply only?

When the lock barrel failed on my front door lock I phoned my local locksmith up. He told me how to remove it. I then took it down to his shop and he sold me an new one (anti bump) for about £20.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Is it a multipoint lock? Is it this that is faulty, or just the barrel?

=A395 is about right for a complete multipoint mechanism.

Reply to
dom

The 'Also' was specifically there to mean that, but it didn't come across well, obviously.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel