Elephant's Trunk for Toilet Waste - Any Experience?

I am refitting a 1970's bathroom and find that the toilet outlet is 55mm higher than the stack tee. This leads to a steep angle on the outlet elbow and a duff seal where it enters the stack connection.
Has anyone used these flexible wastes and experienced problems with "material" hold up?
TIA
Phil

I've had one on my toilet for about six months with no problems.
I originally only thought of it as a temporary solution but I don't know it I'll ever get around to changing it all the time it is working. ;-)
--
Danny Burns
www.buildsure.co.uk

I used one. It worked perfectly. I wouldn't want to remove it afterwards, though. The concertina bits looks like they would hold a lot of shit. Mine was out of site due to a concealed cistern. They aren't pretty.
Christian.

That's a lot to try and make up the difference. Can't you loosen the branch from the stack and drop it down to match the pan outlet ? Or remove the existing branch and replace it with a new one at the right height ?
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

BigWallop
Because the tee is low, it is trapped between floors. To replace the tee would need access to indoor stack on the ground floor (too much mess just now!) I am also reluctant to disturb the stack as it serves a ground floor wc as well.
Phil
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:53:39 -0000, "TheScullster"

I was traumatised for life by _that_ experience - and you know what memories we elephants have.
I tell you, if I meet that bloody zookeeper and his cheapskate plumbing ideas again, I'm going to teach him a few things about buns and where to put them !
Made me pack my trunk and run off to the circus it did.
Harrumph.

A few months ago I 'temporarily' fitted a WC using one of these. Now the time has come to redo the job properly I have had to remove the 'trunk'. I am surprised (and very pleased) to say that it was a damn sight cleaner on the inside than the previous (conventional) pipe had been. I shall be reusing it in the final fit.
However, having used two different ones (Macalpine and Screwfix), I would suggest careful consideration of which one to use. The Mac is probably better if the distance is longer as it concertinas well but doesn't seem to compress so well. The Screwfix may be better for a short curved route. And there are many others...
Rod
Thanks Rod
It seems to defy logic fitting a concertina style pipe for such an application! From the responses here though, I should be able to fit one, and not end up going back to it with a plunger in a fortnight.
Phil