Electrical Regs - Ramifications

Government has announced it will be making them illegal in this country, together with devices which forewarn you of the position of gatsos by other means.

As a student in London many years ago, I used to listen to them overnight for entertainment value on a regular FM radio. Normally you could only hear one half of the conversation. At that time, listening wasn't illegal, but making use of any of the information was. When I picked up an armed robbery in progress just around the corner, I did let the building security know, and they locked the front doors. I suppose that was illegal...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You mean we'll now have to shut our eyes as we drive just in case we see a Gatso?

Reply to
usenet

I've seen no mention of the latter, which would of course be unenforcable anyway as gatso maps are already integrated into some GPS nav software.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:08:36 GMT, Mike Harrison strung together this:

That's usually an add in rather than actually supplied with satnav software itself.

Reply to
Lurch

It also appears as though 'Part P' applies to aerial systems and computer networks, in other words you will need to get your TV distribution system or computer network approved!

Silly, innit!?

sPoNiX

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

I wonder how that will affect Cumbria Police's current practice of actually publishing the locations of their mobile speed^h^h^h^hsafety cameras on the web.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Possible with radar but not with laser detectors. Courts would throw it out straight away (as they may do with radar as well).

The Home Office requested all police authorities do this. Some are being more helpful with this than others.

Reply to
Mike