Electric Shower power supply

I want to put a new 9kW shower in the bathroom. I understand I need to run a cable from the mains box. Had a look at the box (trip switch type) and can that there are blank slots where there is no switch. Will the electrician be able to utilise this box or will I need to go for a new one please?

Reply to
wiscom

If the consumer unit (fuse box) is properly sized for the supply that enters your house, then the electrician should be able to use one of the blank spaces. If the electrician thinks that the consumer unit will not take the existing load along with the new shower load, then they'll tell you why if he / she is worth their reputation.

Commonly it is OK with this type of installation to use one of the blank spaces though.

Reply to
BigWallop