earth bonding in laundry room

In my laundry room I have a wired in washing machine and tumble dryer, connected via a RCD circuit. I also have a radiator, sink and toilet. I believe that all the pipes connecting to the sink, toilet and radiator should be bonded together. This will require me to take the earthing wire under the floor, so it is a bit of a pain, but obviously want to get this right.

Can anyone confirm my assumption.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
deckertim

Only rooms containing a shower or bath need supplementary bonding.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I thought the kitchen sink needed to be bonded too - is this not the case?

Reply to
Brett Jackson

Page 26 of the OSG.

There is no specific requirement in BS 7671 to supplementary bond the following.

kitchen pipes, sinks or draining boards

metal furniture in kitchens

metal pipes and wash hand basins in domestic locations other than bathrooms

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's not a requirement (unless there's a bath or shower in the kitchen). Personally, I do bond a kitchen just as though there was a bath in it;-).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:41:10 +0100, "Brett Jackson" strung together this:

No, but in most instances the mains water is under the sink, which needs bonding anyway, so the hot is generally bonded too 'as it's there'. Because this is so common most people seem to think, (some electricians included!), that the kitchen sink and the pipes supplying it need to be bonded.

Reply to
Lurch

Thanks for the replies and I have learnt a lesson to check my postings more carefully. I forgot to add that there is also a shower in the laundry room and this is why I was asking the question in the first place.

Thanks and sorry, Tim

Reply to
deckertim

My personal belief is that the main reason electricians insist on bonding kitchens is that John Whitfield tells them to: section 5.4.3 in the 6th edition of his book. Shame he doesn't seem to have accounted for the IEE's views.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove