Dysons...

I know. They are designed for looking good in showrooms, and picking up the odd bit of IMM'ds face powder and mascara droppings

In short, they are designed to sell.

Sadly I need a vacuume cleaner that - er - generates a decent vaccuum and - er cleans...

Not a fashion Icon.

Dyson is the sort of thing one could imagine P Di having sex with, but its no good for deep cleaning.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Go away!! They are not are they? They actually want to sell them?

Reply to
IMM

But not designed to work.

In short, your ideal product?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Like your super expensive AGA

Reply to
IMM

No, that IS designed to work, and surprisingly enough, that also sells it.

Agas are like land rovers (I have two of those as well) in that they are actually both based on veruy old designs taht have stood the test of time, and do WHAT THEY WRE DESIGNED TO DO really well. The fact that most agas are used fo warming frozen chips, and most land rovers spend their time cluttering up the school gates, is a separate issue.

I mean, what other car would you take down the garden to pull the lawn tractor out of a ditch?

The aga is functional and effective in what it does, It can't grill to save its life, but it warms the kitchen and is atrcative in a 19th centrury Fred Dibner sort of way. If I want a modern ceramic hob cooker

-well there's one bolted on the aga and another one I got S.H for a 100 quid with all mod cons. However when the power goes out for 3 days as it did last winter, all the Combi boilers and modern microwaves won't cook your dinner or keep you warm, and when there is a foot of snow outside, I wouldn't take anything but the 24 year old series III with its MOD tyres.

Stick yo your urban box, with its insulated walls, combi boliers and Butlins hoidays. You wouldn't last a week out here.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Excuse me, My series III is ALSO a real one. In fact its realer than my Defender IYSWIM

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sorry, sir...I was including those by proxy....wish I still had my Series I....

Reply to
Bob Eager

Spoilsport! Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

If you completely block the input to a centrifugal fan, all suction will disappear. Providing a small controlled leakage need have a negligible effect in normal use but will ensure that suction is maintained even when the main nozzle is virtually blocked.

Cheers - Mick

Reply to
Mick Collins