Dyson The Ball

It's HEPA, BTW.

Reply to
Huge

Firstly you can't take Dysons in, they come out to you.

They are amongst the easiest to take apart when you get a blockage.

After owning several Dysons over the years I have never known any of them to get blocked. So god knows what you are doing with yours.

Reply to
Kaiser

Oh? sorry. I'll have to tell that to the wife who took them in to the vaccum repairt shop and got them fixed.

Obviosuly she is in as much danger as bathing in paraffin and handling candles.

No they are not actually..if the blockage happens inside the large tube that connects the brush area to the cylinder area.. In fact you cannot take them apart at all.

Its a rod job there, and I hand't got a suitable one.

I do love poepl who know so much, that ones actual direct physical experience is obviously hallucinatory.

I frankly don't touch them

She was vacuuming up threads and bits of dog hair and probably some of the lamb shank he had left gnawed on the carpet.

Its a ditzy product for people who live ditzy lives. It doesn't cope with REAL cleaning.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

True then, I thought you may have been hallucinating.

And you a dedicated DIY'er.

Probably vacuuming bullshit.

Reply to
Kaiser

: However, if you want a cleaner that does not rapidly loose suction : after you change the bag then a Dyson.

Have you noticed that they are always very careful never to give absolute values for suction ... while a Dyson may well lose less, it may equally well have a lot less to lose in the first place ...

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

More than my lifes worth. There are problems its dangerous to take ownership of.

Fixing (or not fixing) a machine I despise that SHE thinks is fantastic, because she spent a shitload of cash on it and can't admit what a pile of crap it is, is one of them.,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ill go with that, they are poor when new and go Worse with age, Iv tried plenty of them and wouldn't give them a second thought Electrolux make a 1600w one , still bagless and half the price. th main filter does start to block up but you just throw it in the washe and it comes out as new again and it will suck the brushes of a Dyson

-- Miketew

Reply to
Miketew

Had a DC-01 and it was fantastic so when that went west we got a DC-07 which (nothing I could put my finger on) failed to impress me so when that died got a BOSCH (Bosch BUC-17000-GB Extraa xx) which seems to be the bees knees. By the way never had a blockage in an inaccesible part of a Dyson only managed to get blockages in a removable section through gross misuse (ahem!! picking up shredded paper from a shredder bucket).

Reply to
soup

At last here is the key to Dysons. Bought DC01at a boot sale 5 years ago for =A320 and use in my woodwork shop for all that dust. If i suck up the big shavings by mistake i use a piece of metal rod to push out of bottom chute. No hoses to flap around and empties in seconds. The filters - blow out with an air gun - so simple. And easy to repair, the cable was eventually pulled too tight at entry and repaired in 5 mins. As a designer myself I can appreciate every design detail.

Reply to
David