Dualit Toaster - Flank Chrome Tarnish/Dulling

I've noticed that our DUALIT chromed toaster has become dulled or lost it's chrome shine on its flanks. This looks quite odd as it's almost like a fluid stain or spill. How does this sort of thing happen and what can one do about it?
Many thanks
--
David Longley

not using any 'oxy bleach' or other oxy cleaning spray are you? this happens on my stainless cooker front.
Steve

I polish my dualit with brasso, comes up a treat.