Drains!

I'm having problems with my drains (I have a private septic tank) and to my untrained eye it looks like the problem is in the part of the drainage channel a foot or two before it enters the septic tank.

Additionally I've been told in the past that the U-shaped loop of plastic inside the solids tank (where the pipe enters the solids tank) is too close to the inlet pipe which can additionally cause solids to build up within that U-shaped gap.

Would I need to call out a 'normal' plumber to get this sorted out or, given the very messy nature of the job, is this a job for a 'sewerage plumber' (if such a person exists)?

Thanks

Reply to
2600

Either way it's a shit job for someone .!!! :-(

Reply to
Stuart B

FWIW we have had so much rain recently that the ground were mine empties is waterlogged, so not draining away as fast as it normally does.

It should not be a U but inverted L shape, which should extend about 1m below the surface crust.

-
Reply to
Mark

Good point, I meant to mention the rain. Could well be that.

I mean it's a U shape when looked at from the top (I can't see any further down due to the water and gunk in there).

Reply to
2600