Drains

I hate drains.

The new house has these stupid Osmadrain Inspection Chambers ...

$_1.JPG

... rather than proper inspection chambers with manhole covers. Needless to say, we had a blockage and I can't get my professional, bolt-together, steel rods round the bend at the bottom of the inspection chamber. I've just had to go and buy a set of bendy plastic ones from Screwfix. Fortunately, they cleared the blockage in a jiffy, but that was £24.99 I didn't need to spend, wasn't it? And having broken two sets of the plastic ones in the past, I don't entirely trust them.

Oh, well. Man with TV camera on a stick coming next week.

Reply to
Huge

people do insist on using those to turn 90deg.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Have you considered using a pressure washer with a self propelled jet type drain cleaner? I have used one to good effect more than a few time.

AJH

Reply to
news

Different to your problem. Had a blockage in my old home about 15 years ago. I tried to clear it with a hose pipe, did not work. Out comes this bloke in a van, very long hose, shoved it down the grid, cleared the blockage and charged me 60 quid. He told me the pressure that he was using, 1200000 psi or something. I had this urge to blast my finger. I didn't.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I shall look into that, thanks. Although the plastic rods cleared the blockage really easily.

Reply to
Huge

That's what I was going to suggest too -- I got mine at Aldi:

Haven't had to use mine for any serious blockage yet (got it a couple of years ago), but it isn't half fun to arse about with it and _pretend_ that you're doing useful work, polishing the inside of the drains.

J.

Reply to
Another John

Reply to