Does listed building consent ever expire?

Does listed building consent ever expire?
Planning permission does I know, but building consent?
Anna -- ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plasterwork, plaster conservation / ^^ \// Freehand modelling and pargeting |______| www.kettlenet.co.uk 07976 649862 --
Anna Kettle wrote:

If you consider that some aspects of a building may not be considered as important at one point in time but can become important almost overnight if the council has a rethink on heritage issues in their area, I would be surprised if listed buildings consent is granted indefinitely.
I can't tell you what timeframe they place on it though.
RM

The consent will state if there is a date limitation.