"Do not locate the dehumidifier below a socket/outlet" ???

I've just bought a dehumidifier from Screwfix and see that Safety Warning No. 11 (of 23) instructs, ""Do not locate the dehumidifier below a socket/outlet".

I could understand if it instructed the opposite as it may misfunction, overflow and water drip onto electricity but this?

Reply to
usenet2012

Maybe the risk is blowing cold air into a humid environment could cause local condensation on the socket/plug. It is the sort of crazy thing that comes out of a bunch of jobsworths sitting in a focus group brainstorming all the possible problems/risks and then just writing them all into the instructions without a smattering of common sense editing.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Maybe it's in case someone drops a plug into the water reservoir?

Reply to
Mark

If they put even a tiny bit of the "why", you might be able to intelligently apply it to other situations where the same issue could occur. E.g. below an FCU, light switch, light fitting, what have you.

Reply to
polygonum

Where is the cold air coming from? Dehumidifiers produce slightly warmer, dry air.

Reply to
dennis