DIY space photos

A camera, some duct tape and some insulation.

Not bad.

ARWadsworth

yorkshire ways.....:>)

JimK

Reply to
JimK

And another one here

ARWadsworth

JimK

Reply to
JimK

Do they test jets against camera strikes?

I can see it now.. picture of clouds.. picture of 747.. closer picture of 747.. picture of 747 windscreen.. picture of the inside of the pilots head.

Reply to
dennis

Elfin safety and the CAA will be arresting him shortly..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

After balloon goes bang no guarantee where the 150mph 1kg vertically downwards travelling object will land.

Hopefully your head.

Reply to
Phil Jessop

Why would the camera be returning to earth at 150mph?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

cos that's terminal velocity without a parachute, more or less.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

However, it *does* have a parachute, so decent would be far slower.

Reply to
AlanD

I expect descent would be, as well.

Reply to
Huge

... assuming the parachute functioned, of course. And the backup plan is ... ? Perhaps it has onboard explosives to blow the cargo to smithereens and render it harmless?

Reply to
Phil Jessop

Poor old Lawn Chair Larry must have been looking down on him.

Reply to
ericp

sure we could get some old asbestos insulation in there too.....

JimK

Reply to
JimK

You ain't having my RawlPlastic! :-)

Reply to
John Whitworth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

one-off video shot until the memcard fills up.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Well his website is down at the moment.

However that link redirects you to another site (with some good pictures that he has taken) and he promises that his website will be back on line when the media storm dies down.

The original website should have more technical info when it is back.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

He does mention on his website that you need permission from the CAA

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk saying something like:

Down? From a watery grave?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

His flickr stream is extant, been looking at keyfob camera on kite myself, need more ambition....

(a n other one)

Reply to
Adam Aglionby