Dishwasher fault diagnosis/repair

I have a feeling that, a couple of years or so ago, someone either wrote a Wiki article, or wrote a post almost as good as one, covering a generic process for sorting dishwashers - but I can't find it.

My son is having problems with a Zanussi ZDF131W (less than 3 years old) which we gave him when we we had a new kitchen with built-in dishwasher.

I'm going to see him in a few days, and will probably be asked to look at it! I'm not sure of the exact nature of the problems, but I think it started stopping in the middle of wash cycles, and now doesn't work at all - apart from making the odd buzzing noise.

If anyone can point me at an on-line generic dishwasher fixing document, I will be very grateful.

Reply to
Roger Mills

The only one I can recall is this one:

John Rumm

article but, having re-read it, not relevant to my particular problem, sadly.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Have you obtained the Haynes (yes, I know!) Dishwasher repair manual? Abebooks, local library... It gave me a fair amount of understanding and confidence, bearing in mind the worst that would happen was the machine would continue not working. Got around 18 months more out of it before it was too far gone for a repair.

Reply to
Part Timer