dishwasher diagnosis

ivw googled a bit and cant find a description/solution to this problem:

everything when it comes out has small bumps attached to surfaces - easier to feel than see. changing tablets 9 from Tescos 4in 1 to Finish seemed to solve it for a couple of cycles , but it returned . I suspect its too much of something that is being baked onto the surface when the heater element come on.

Anyone know what it is and what to fix ?

Reply to
p cooper

I find that he remains of mashed potato from a pot leaves specks over everything in the dishwasher. So I rinse off all mashed potato. I don't bother rinsing anything else.

Reply to
Nick

I got this when I filled mine up with salt when I ran out of tablets for the main softener.

Luckily three washes later the salt required light came on, but I had filled the main softener, and now its working fine without salt.

Dunno why all the salt got used up in three washes. Mebbe i didn't put the lid on properly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All dishwashers increase the amount of washing up you have to do.

At least 50% of the stiff needs rinsing first, and then washing properly later as caked on goo never ever comes off..then you have to wash the filters at least weekly, and the drain sieve..and then about every month dismantle the spraybars and wash those out.

So instead of wash/rinse/stack in rack and either use again or put away, you have rinse, stack in dishwasher, have out of action for up to 24 hours, remove, put in sink, wash again stack and put away..

Totally useless inventions, only suitable for rinsing glasses and plates of pot noodles. No wonder women swear by the bloody things. Like Dysons. And Cillit Bang.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Unless you buy a half decent dishwasher to start with.

There are some bloody awful cheap models that don;t work.

Apart from a cursory scrape out of scraps into the bin, everything goes in as is. Then it's left to harden for upto 6 hours on the time delay setting overnight - the logic here is it's better (with a Bosch Logixx I find) to be in a position to open the door no more than an hour after it finishes whilst it's still hot, dries off better.

The only things that don't clean are things that haven;t been stacked right (usually too much stuff piled up). I get maybe one item failed to clean in a week. Everything else is shiney.

I used to think as you did, then I got sprogs. That changed my mind pretty fast. When they've worn it out, they'll be big enpought to replace it - well that's the theory!

I agree about having stuff out of action but these days I run a 60cm model twice a day minimum.

Filters get done once a month and maybe 4 times a year I'll treat it to some dishwaster cleaner.

My cycle is empty dishwasher, then stack crap straight in as it arrives, when full or thereabouts as convenient, set it to run. True it takes 90-120 minutes - but that's its time, not mine :)

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

What filters? I don't have any on my dishwasher, except maybe on the inlet pipes that never need looking at because they always work. The drain sieve is 12 inches by 6 inches. I clean that occasionally, when it looks dirty. I have never needed to clean anything else including the spraybars. What kind of horrible water are you feeding into your dishwasher? Are you drinking that water too?

I have a 12 place crockery set, and 18 place cutlery set for two people. I never run out of clean crockery/cutlery. The dishwasher is full before that happens. I may sometimes want to have a dozen people around for dinner, so the crockery is all needed.

Reply to
Nick

I'll go along with the mashed spud theory,

Franko

Reply to
Franko

Use rinse-aid?

If you're in a hard water area, is the dishwasher's softener charged?

Try posting here?:

Lobster

Very rare...I rarely even rinse it, although I scrape the food scraps off into the bin.

The filters and drain sieve get cleaned monthly, and they are never very clogged. They'd go two or three months in reality. I do the spary bars monthly too, but that's really just a check in case they've become blocked. I also clean the door seal, refill with salt, and run a cleaning cycle. Total amount of my time used - less than 10 mintes.

And we do an average of 1.5 loads per day.

Nope.

Reply to
Bob Eager