Diamond wheel tile cutters

Perhaps he's related to the guy who lights barbecues in 2 seconds with liquid oxygen

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

George Goble.

Faintly scary that I remember his name.

Reply to
Huge

I am, but does it really? Documentation?

Reply to
Grunff

I think I need to move away from plastics - too many 'incidents'.

Reply to
Grunff

I think tools without lock on power are dangerous. If I need to constant press my thumb on a stiff switch to keep the thing going, that's one less hand available to actually control the tool.

I would probably have injured myself with the grinder had I had to keep my finger pressed in some inappropriate position.

I find the same with my router. It is near useless as you have to contort your hands to keep it going, which makes guiding the thing impossible.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It might be something you should have a shot gun certificate for:

A shotgun is defined as a smooth-bore gun (not being an air gun) which:

Has a barrel not less than 60.96cms (24 inches) in length with a bore less than 50.08cms (2 inches) in diameter; Either has no magazine or a fixed magazine not holding more than two cartridges; and: Is not a revolver gun.

Shotguns within this definition require a shotgun certificate.

[ from "Application for a Shotgun Certificate" ]

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

And the thumb/finger gets tired...

What they should be fitted with is intermittent (as in press and hold) NVR switches but with the facilty to lock them on, however if the power supply fails they drop out.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'll agree that the disks are very good at what they do, but a decent score-and-snap?, I've found them quicker and neater (certainly against hard floor tiles); Oh, and you stay dry (To drag the argument on, with the floor tiles I had there was some obvious wear on the disc after a few cuts, so the scribe-and-snap would be a lot cheaper to run over time).

I have to admit I'm impressed with both - there's the old rule of thumb of buying 10% more tiles than you need to accomodate breakages; the only tile I've even broken was trying a rather optimistic 1/4" shave off one tile using a score-and-snap. Went through a myriad of tile cutting tools after that with no luck (all the hand-help/jigsaw tile saws are crap on a hard tile), until finding the diamond-disc cutter. Never looked back.

Regards

Reply to
Mike Dodd

If there's more than 12 ft.lb. of energy in the projectile, you probably need a FAC.

Alternatively you could just shoot humourless nosey parkers with it.

Reply to
Huge

Well how about this then.........

Steve Wilson

Reply to
Grunff

Ah, but its not a gun: Its a cannon.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's _entirely_ illegal, as it's not proof-marked.

However as it's a smooth bore, it'll be licensable on a shotgun ticket rather than an FAC. That's assuming you could ever get it proofed.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Wow !!! I can see why you want to go metallic then !

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Alas, that'll cut no ice with your local constabulary. Doesn't need to have undergone proof unless you want to sell it, but possession will get you 5 years or an unlimited fine or both.

jd

Reply to
John Daragon

This throws up a scenario for a DIY based horror movie... with some decent battery powered tools we're no longer limited to the old chainsaw routine, get a couple of circular saws in there slicing the unlucky victim down the middle..(ZZZZ " ...he should never have vented that boiler over my boundary...") or prehaps a core drill would have been appropriate for that one.

Now what tool would be most appropriate for an estate agent? :-)

cheers

David

Reply to
David

Oh, just nail em to the wall and skim coat them, and then artex...?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh no, you'd have the artex on the surface. Artex then skim, much better. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Only provided it's the pre-1980 Artex laced with asbestos.

Reply to
G&M