DeWalt Chuck stuck open

I opened the chuck on my DeWalt DW106 Drill all the way and now it won't close. I can't turn it like usual,not even with vise grips, and so I can't get it to close back down. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Chuk

Angle grinder.

Reply to
F Murtz

WD 40

Reply to
ARW

That's for when they are stuck shut. He can unscrew it and chuck it.

Reply to
dennis

And bash it with a hammer, it may shock it free.

Reply to
F Murtz

Chuk's chuck got stuck.

Reply to
mark

The hammer bash was my second suggestion:-)

Reply to
ARW

Once upon a time, drill chucks on portable drills were almost always simply screwed onto either a male or female thread on the nose of the drill. Then they invented reversible drills, and the chucks came unscrewed.

Now, many drills secure their chuck with a left-hand threaded screw, usually posi-headed, visible if you peer down the open chuck. If this screw comes loose, it can jam the jaws of the chuck. Poke a screwdriver down and tighten it (anticlockwise), and Bob may just possibly be your uncle.

Unless you've already followed the advice and used bfi on it.

Reply to
Kevin