Decorating order

I have a freshly plastered room, with no mouldings yet in place (dado, architraves and skirting all to be glossed, cornice emulsion) which I intend to sand and stain the floors in. Therefore do I:
1. Fit cornice> emulsion walls & cornice > sand & stain floors> fit dado and skirting> gloss
OR
2. Fit cornice> sand & stain floors> emulsion walls & cornice> fit dado and skirting> gloss
OR
3. Fit cornice> Fit dado and skirting> emulsion walls and cornice> gloss> sand and stain floors
OR
some other combination?
My feeling is 1. to avoid sawdust getting into the emulsion, and be very careful about preparing the surface for gloss - i.e. clean very well. I'd rather sand the floors before fitting the skirting so that I dont ruin the skirting. 2. seems reasonable though if I clean well after sanding??
Any good ideas/experience welcome.
Cheers,
Rich
Rich wrote:

Just be careful if you sand first - put down building paper, hardboard, or whatever, to protect the floor from spatter. It's usual to gloss the woodwork before emulsioning.
J.B.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Rich) wrote in message

Sanding something can ruin a painted wall, so it has to be 2 for me.
Regards, NT