Danish light fitting

I own a large circular 20" Diameter inverted funnel shaped overhead light on a rise and fall mechanism. It is now about 10 years old and the heat from the bulbs has made the ES bulb holder crumble. It is not only the bulb holder that has suffered I also need the threaded rod that locates in the shade (has a flat along one side, for locking). I think I need the whole mechanism.

After conducting an internet search it is proving almost impossible to locate suppliers of ANY items.

Does anyone know of a reliable company that can supply by mail order ANY of the components I require?

Regards Peter Fagg.

Reply to
Peter Charles Fagg

How is the lampholder fixed to the shade, and what are the diameters of the threaded parts and any mounting rings? Does the lampholder carry the weight of the lamp via the flex?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew, thankyou for attempting to come up with an answer.

As with all things I have been scouring the net and eventually found my way to a gentleman in Essex who is ordering some parts for me to hopefully repair the lamp holder.

Thanks again for the offer.

Perhaps the company can be of use to yourself and others who have such a predicament. David Siddle at

Peter Fagg

Reply to
Peter Charles Fagg