Funnel wanted

Anyone know where I can get a large funnel? I'm talking large as in

12in (30cm) wide at the top.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Do you care what it's made of? And does it have to be round?

If you want a glass round funnel, then most UK lab glassware suppliers will sell you one, just google. But it won't be cheap.

If you don't care what it's made of and what shape it is, try:

Reply to
Grunff

Try a homebrew supply place. If you're lucky the upstairs at a decent sized Boots might have what you want in the Homebrew section. Usually plastic.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Actually, no in both cases.

Interesting! And could be used for what I want. Pity it's got nearly

10 days to go though ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Damn. Rumbled ;)

Uninteresting fact for 17th September 2003: When I was a child my mother won some tickets at a fete - to tour the Queen Mary just before the QM took her last voyage across the ocean from Southampton. So I have been on the magnificent liner.

I knew you'd all want to know that.....

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Thought of that one earlier - went into Boots in the local town. They no longer appear to do home brew stuff, more's the pity.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Screwfix have part number 15448, but can't tell from picture how big it is.

Reply to
John Armstrong

At a guess, I think he's after having the dust extracted, not the mickey! ;O) Funny though! LOL!

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

That's about a 5in funnel (too small). I know that because about 3 weeks ago I submitted an order to them with several items. One item wasn't delivered, and there were 3 extra items which I hadn't ordered

- that funnel being one of them.

Total cost of goods they sent in error was just over 10 pounds. Must've cost them more than that organising the pick up to return them to ScrewFix and restocking in the warehouse. I'd have written that sort of value off if I'd been running the operation.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

That's possibly a good option - thanks!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I once built a _very_ large spreadsheet to model this sort of question, for a huge mail-order business.

In the end, it favoured returning everything, and being generous about shipping it back. The cost of return shipping was low and predictable, the cost of the items was unknown and potentially large. Making the choice on a per-order basis could be difficult, and there was the potential for making small savings, yet risking a large loss for making the occasional wrong decision.

Reply to
Andy Dingley