damp proofing walls

I've just built a shed using existing boundary walls to common area & neighbours garden. Theproblem i have is dampness coming through the blockwork horizontally. The top of the wall is covered. I can't plaster/ render the other side of the wall, but i can put thompsons water seal or equivalent on it. Will this do the job??

Reply to
Paul Kenny

In my experience probably not. We had a problem with our house leaking when the wind and rain came from the north. No amount of water seal fixed the problem until I repointed the entire wall. Now it's water tight, but I wish I had done a neater job though.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

It fixed out damp patch, you have to paint on many layers, each before the previous one dries.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Reply to
Yekal

If the pointings not fully sound, fix that. If you still get damp, water seal should work, but only if the pointings sound.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

I have never known Waterseal to work beyond a few weeks. Sure, you see the water bead up to begin with, but it doesn't last because it isn't a coating as such but a mass of individual particles that can be dislodged by rain. Same stuff as used for dpc injection I think.

Reply to
stuart noble

"stuart noble"

Reply to