Pipe Expansion Noises

I recently put in a new radiator by T ing into the flow and return pipes of the CH. The pipes almost constantly ping and knock while the heating is on. It sounds like they are gripping and slipping where the pipes go through the floors (rubbing on the wood) although I'm not sure as it's difficult to pin down the exact location.

Any ideas as to how to cure the racket gratefully received.

AndyM

Reply to
AndyM

Sometimes the notches are lined with a piece of fabric or the older slip-on cloth pipe insulation, so the pipe can slide. Also bring it up between the pipes to stop them rubbing on each other.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel