Correct name for this gas plumbing part?

I want to install a (1970's-1980's) radiant gas fire in my house. It has the typical small-bore, chromed feed pipe with a male threaded nut on the end whose thread is about 10mm dia. My previous house had gas outlets screwed to the floorboards near each fireplace, into which this item would have screwed. I need one of those. It dosn;t have to be screwable to the floor.

Can anyone advise the correct name for this adaptor/fitting, so I can search for one online?

Thank you..

Al

Reply to
AL_n

Gas fire restrictor, you probably mean thee pedestal elbow ones

Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote in news:Z7SdnUfQD7P1rM snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Reply to
AL_n

In article , AL_n writes

Aka 'gas rod' and 'pedestal' for face to face transactions at a trade counter ;-).

I'd recommend getting a pedestal with a 'bonded seal' instead of a fibre washer on the top cap, the former is just a sealing washer that has a thin rubber coating on either side and is better as the fibre washer always leaks in the end. Or buy the seal separately, they're cheap.

Reply to
fred