Corgi approval of a non corgi installation

Hi,

Quick question.

Is it possible that a GCH installation installed by a non Corgi engineer can be inspected, certified and given the neccessary paperwork by a Corgi engineer at a later date.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisD

Yes, only on commissioning. If the person who fitted the system was "competent" and did not receive any payment, he need not be CORGI, fitting for himself or anyone else.

Reply to
IMM

Ther ain't many non CORGI registered engineers doing this for free......also....... It's very difficult to get it all correct as per the gas regulations, many British Standards, and as per the building regs.....hopefully it'll be safe

Reply to
alan

Yes but I suspect you'll have fun finding a Corgi person willing to do it. It's not an attractive proposition, given that they need to take responsibility for someone else's work; and let's face it, these guys aren't exactly crying out for work at the moment...

David

Reply to
Lobster

I had no problem. I ripped out a backboiler system and installed a brand new combi boiler at my late parent's house (with a view to letting) and (mindful of the need for a Landlord's Certificate) asked my local CORGI guy to check it out. He was fully aware that I had D-I-Y'd it and his only comment was that if it wasn't up to the regs, he had sole responsiblity to rectify it. It was - he didn't. I got my cert!

Reply to
Paul King