cordless sds drill

I know I may only be a bit of a weekend warrior (amongst other things....) when it comes to the building trade but I do like to buy good kit. I have been there and done it, bought the t-shirt etc when it comes to cheapo tools and i kmow 99.9% of them are shit......... Good quality tools get better results out of me and I tend to take better care of them ie a cheap cordless drill of mine was used several times as a hammer if a proper hammer was not immediately available. Also money saved from me doing the jobs my self can be put towards my new tool collection.......some people collect art , I like buying tools.........alright I admit it ...I AM SAD!!!

Reply to
dIMM

No, it was removed at birth in accordance with darwin

Reply to
dimmkiller

In message , dIMM writes

Do you have a hacksaw ?

Reply to
dimmkiller

In message , dIMM writes

Just don't go there

... don't

Reply to
dimmkiller

Know exactly what you mean. I treat DIY as a hobby, and as hobbies are fun, it's fun to get decent tools to play with. SWMBO would rather spend the money on getting a professional in to do in a week what it takes me 6 months to do.

If you can afford it, over-spec your tools, that's what I say. Professionals have things like profit and cashflow to worry about. For DIYer's the only worries are "which of these 2 mega-tools shall I purchase this month?", hence the start of this thread!

Reply to
Big Phil

Absolutely not. It's a hobby, and you want the best. Others spend vast amounts of money on their hobbies, so you do what you want.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

dIMM, dimm killer will kill you. These things do happen. Appalling really, Dim Lin the harmless oriental enchantress, is at risk. Sad but true.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

things....)