Cordless Drivers

Hi

Forgive me if this has been asked before.

Are there any reasonable cordless screwdrivers suitable for limited home use that are recommended in the £25 to £35 range ?

I've tried a cheap Draper which turned out to be very poor. Are Wickes or Black and Decker ok?

Regards

Jim

Reply to
Jim Lacey

Drill drivers, or just screwdrivers? Screwfix have a 'Site' (rebadged Makita) 14.4v drill driver for £40. It is excellent VFM. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I was going to point out to you that Lidl have an 18V at the mo' and that Wickes are doing a two-for-one on their green range, but the Site one that Alan recommended is a very good deal.

If you're signed up for Screwfix e-mails they seem to be sending out

10% off =A350 offers pretty regularly.
Reply to
mike

Incredible deal - inc 2 batteries & a fast charger. Will last for ever with home use, plenty of welly as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Jim Lacey wibbled on Sunday 06 December 2009 14:20

It's not in your stated range, but I have one of these:

and it's been excellent. Fairly good run times on one charge (can be days for medium DIY use, 1/2 day for intensive work), fast recharge and surprisingly powerful for its size. The torque limiter is an absolute dream for repeatative work.

Reply to
Tim W

Aldo ocassionally do an 18V one, 16 torque settings, two speed, no hammer, 1 spare battery and charger for £20.

I thought for £20, if it lasted me 12 months I'll have had my moneys worth out of it, but I've had mine for about 4 years, fairly light use around the home but it's been to work with me a few times and it can rag in 100mm screws all day long, batteries last well too.

Reply to
Phil L

The most recent catalogue I have is one I got in Sept so I'm guessing there is a later one that hasn't been sent to me as this drill/driver is in it at £64.99 but I see it on the website at the £40 price. I also note the batteries are priced in the catalogue at £44.98 and on the website at £24.47 ...if you wanted another battery you'd be as well buying another drill for the extra £15.53

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Someone on Ebay has one of these drill for sale on BIN at £19+ £6 postage but with no battery and says to message him for a price with battery .he replied saying £55 + £9 postage . I replied " I guess Screwfix at £40 wins then"

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Anyone have an actual link for this as the cheapest price I can find it online is £79 not unless the price has went back up.

Thanks.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

83288 on the
website .I bought one at £40 earlier this evening
Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Thanks for that.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

They were £40 when I bought one from Screwfix yesterday. Code 83288.